GuacamoleGuacamole is just as much about the preparation as it is about the ingredients. « back
We like ours with an overdose of lime but the best “guac” is the one you prefer.
Make sure to get ripe avocados and fresh ingredients. Totally key. Here's a great recipe from the Food Network. Just substitute the lime for the lemon and you have a sure party pleaser!
- 4 ripe Hass avocados
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (or lime!)
- 8 dashes hot sauce
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, and diced
Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of their shells into a large bowl. Immediately add the lemon juice, hot sauce, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss well. Using a sharp knife, slice through the avocados in the bowl until they are finely diced. Add the tomatoes. Mix well and taste for salt and pepper.