“Homemade pomelo margarita with fresh pomelo & lime juice, tres agaves tequila & orange liqueur. Shaken not stirred, rimmed with pink Himalayan salt & garnished with lime.” via @chouchoufille on Insta. Can you say YUM!?
Red, White and Blue Margarita
1 teaspoon coarse salt
4 oz Tres Agaves Tequila
2 oz Triple Sec
2 oz freshly-squeezed lime juice
2 oz blue Curacaco
1 teaspoon Agave Nectar
1 lime, cut into wedges
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Place Tres Agaves Tequila, Triple Sec, lime juice, blue Curacaco, and Agave Nectar in the shaker; shake hard for 30 seconds.Serve in Margarita or Martini Glasses with coarse salt on the rims of the glasses. Strain the Blue Margarita into the glasses. Garnish each with a red cherry.
Makes 2 serving.
2 cups frozen strawberries
1 tbsp sugar or 1 tsp Tres Agaves Nectar
¼ cup water
4 oz Tres Agaves Blanco Tequila
3 oz triple sec
2 limes, juiced
to make strawberry syrup combine frozen strawberries, sugar and water in a small pot over low to medium heat. Continue to cook on low for about 30 minutes until strawberries have broken down and mixture is thick.
Remove from the stove, pour into container and refrigerate until chilled.
To make the margaritas, add about a third cup of the strawberry syrup to a cocktail shaker, The more you add the sweeter the cocktail will be. Add tequila, triple sec, lime juice and ice.
Shake ingredients well and pour mixture into two glasses, rimmed with salt if you like.
Makes: 2 servings
1 box Strawberry Jell-o
4 oz Tres Agaves Blaco Tequila
2 oz Cointreau
Sea Salt, for garnish
As many strawberries as you need
– Cut the bottoms of the strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. Do not cut off too much. We do not want a hole at the bottom.
– Use a huller or apple corer to empty out the strawberry.
– Once the strawberries have been emptied, use a towel to pat the outside of the strawberries dry.
– Check each strawberry and make sure there is not a hole in the bottom before you start filling.
Margarita Mix Instructions:
– Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add in Jell-O powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure out 1/4 cup of cold water and set aside.
– Combine Tequila and Cointreau, in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add liqueur mixture to cold water and stir to combine. Then add cold liqueur mixture to hot Jell-O mixture and stir to combine.
– Pour final Jell-O mix into strawberries and chill overnight. Dip your finger in water or use a moistened brush to wet the edge of the strawberries, dip and rotate the strawberries in salt to rim. Garnish with cut lime triangles to finish.
Give this incredibly creamy, yet citrusy margarita a try!