Strictly reserved for the seasoned mixologists, we have a cocktail that is a true alchemy of savory and sweet, but still light and refreshing, with a sophisticated pepper kick as a result of the various/unique pepper infusions.
Patrick Johnson, mixologist based in Santa Cruz, constructed this libation especially for Tres Agaves at Hecho en San Francisco event on Cinco de Mayo, 2011.
– 2oz Tres Agave Blanco
– 1oz Pepper infused agave syrup (see specifics below)
– Juice of 1 lime
Shaken, served on the rocks
Agave soaked peppers used as garnish
Pepper Agave Syrup
– 2:1 agave nectar to water
– Toast black pepper corns till fragrant
– Red, green, gold bell peppers sliced and seeds removed
– Anaheim and aji peppers deveined and seeds removed
– Cook till peppers are soft, and agave nectar dissolves fully into water.
– Remove from heat and let peppers remain in syrup overnight.
– Strain and save the peppers for garnish