1 box Strawberry Jell-o
4 oz Tres Agaves Blaco Tequila
2 oz Cointreau
Sea Salt, for garnish
As many strawberries as you need
– Cut the bottoms of the strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. Do not cut off too much. We do not want a hole at the bottom.
– Use a huller or apple corer to empty out the strawberry.
– Once the strawberries have been emptied, use a towel to pat the outside of the strawberries dry.
– Check each strawberry and make sure there is not a hole in the bottom before you start filling.
Margarita Mix Instructions:
– Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add in Jell-O powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure out 1/4 cup of cold water and set aside.
– Combine Tequila and Cointreau, in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add liqueur mixture to cold water and stir to combine. Then add cold liqueur mixture to hot Jell-O mixture and stir to combine.
– Pour final Jell-O mix into strawberries and chill overnight. Dip your finger in water or use a moistened brush to wet the edge of the strawberries, dip and rotate the strawberries in salt to rim. Garnish with cut lime triangles to finish.