Looking for a way to cool off during these long hot summer days? Dave Nepove, the director of mixology for Southern Wine & Spirits of California, has created an amazing cocktail for those times where you want to stay cool, yet have a kick of spice to your day or night.
– 1 ½ oz. Tres Agaves Reposado
– 1 oz. Licor 43*
– ½ oz. Tres Agaves Cocktail-Ready Agave Nectar
– 1 oz. fresh-squeezed lime juice
– ½ fresh jalapeño pepper (seeds removed)
– Lime wheel and/or thin jalapeño strips, for garnish (optional)
Muddle jalapeño in lime and agave nectar. Add ice and Tequila, shake well and strain over fresh ice into a Collins glass. Garnish with lime wheel and/or thin jalapeño strips, if desired.
* Licor 43, or Cuarenta Y Tres (Spanish for “43”), is a bright yellow Spanish liqueur. It is made from citrus and fruit juices, flavored with vanilla and other aromatic herbs and spices, in total 43 different ingredients (hence the name).