Taco Tuesday calls for something new. Tonight, while chowing down on some succulent al pastor or some spicy carnitas, refresh yourself with a surprisingly delicious Tres Agaves Avocado Margarita. This recipe, brought to you from the Tequila Ninja himself, is one of the most unique ways to consume Tequila, but also one of the tastiest.
Summer is the perfect time for avocados and fresh herbs, so why not toss them in your mixing tin or blender for a wonderfully creamy cocktail. Now the only question is do you have guacamole with your margarita??
If you’re in one of the eight states that are holding elections today, we know you may have had to make some tough decisions. At Tres Agaves, we’re used to that. We frequently find ourselves wondering, should we make a Manhattan Mexicano with Tres Agaves Añejo Tequila, or a Paloma with Tres Agaves Reposado Tequila?
We know, we know, after all the thinking that goes in to voting in state and local elections, who has time to make another difficult choice? Luckily you have us here at Tres Agaves to help you out. The obvious choice is… well, we don’t know either. We just know that you can’t go wrong with either one.
So make yourself a cocktail and celebrate the fact that you don’t have to worry about voting for another four months. FOUR MONTHS?? How is that even possible? Maybe we’ll treat ourselves to two drinks tonight.
Since it doesn’t contain high-fructose corn syrup or any other natural ingredients, it won’t leave you feeling sticky and gross after. Plus, a little shaking is the perfect amount of exercise for a Tuesday night. And definitely don’t forget the fresh lime juice!
Here’s to hoping everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day, and cheers to the summer. We’re happy to have you enjoying it with Tres Agaves Tequila and Tres Agaves Organic Cocktail Mixers. ¡Salud!
1 teaspoon coarse salt
4 oz Tres Agaves Tequila
2 oz Triple Sec
2 oz freshly-squeezed lime juice
2 oz blue Curacaco
1 teaspoon Agave Nectar
1 lime, cut into wedges
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Place Tres Agaves Tequila, Triple Sec, lime juice, blue Curacaco, and Agave Nectar in the shaker; shake hard for 30 seconds.Serve in Margarita or Martini Glasses with coarse salt on the rims of the glasses. Strain the Blue Margarita into the glasses. Garnish each with a red cherry.
– Cut the bottoms of the strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. Do not cut off too much. We do not want a hole at the bottom.
– Use a huller or apple corer to empty out the strawberry.
– Once the strawberries have been emptied, use a towel to pat the outside of the strawberries dry.
– Check each strawberry and make sure there is not a hole in the bottom before you start filling.
Margarita Mix Instructions:
– Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add in Jell-O powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure out 1/4 cup of cold water and set aside.
– Combine Tequila and Cointreau, in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add liqueur mixture to cold water and stir to combine. Then add cold liqueur mixture to hot Jell-O mixture and stir to combine.
– Pour final Jell-O mix into strawberries and chill overnight. Dip your finger in water or use a moistened brush to wet the edge of the strawberries, dip and rotate the strawberries in salt to rim. Garnish with cut lime triangles to finish.